06 June 2016

Mindful Aspirations

Ignorance is the root of our suffering. Thanks to the Buddha and many other great teachers that we are no longer fully ignorant, and we have some awareness of the truths of life. Mindful aspirations are powerful way to cultivate our awareness.

Instead of stuck in the Past,
Or constantly postponing my life to the Future,
May I Wake Up Now

Instead of stuck in my Worries and Mental Stories,
Or in Day Dreaming and Fantasies,
May I Live in this moment

Instead of stuck in the cycle of Fear and Hope,
May I go beyond to be a Warrior

Instead of running away from my Pain and Heartaches
May I bring my Strength to get closer

Instead of desperately trying to Control and Fix
May I be Gentle and Graceful

Instead of struggling with Ambiguity and Uncertainty
May I Relax and Enjoy

Instead of strengthening my Resentments and Bitterness,
May I cultivate Openness and Love

Instead of being a Slave to my Desires and Addictions,
May I find my Freedom

Instead of Habitually Reacting to my Fear and Anger,
May I bring Mindful Space

Instead of Struggling with the Past and Impermanence
May I bring Acceptance of Reality

Instead of Babysitting my Boredom and Craving,
May I bring Mindfulness

Instead of Bombarded by the outside forces,
May I bring Equanimity

Instead of Losing my Heart to the outside events,
May I bring Compassion

Instead of Waiting for some outside factors,
May I Happy right now

Instead of being Miserable,
May I be Joyful

No comments: