30 July 2009

If Knowledge Speaks

I gave you the knowledge...
To understand the world to navigate;
To build tools to survive - And
To forecast weather to cultivate.
I gave you the knowledge...
To eradicate pandemic diseases;
To find cure for dreadful illnesses;
To overcome the oceans and sky;
To conquer the space – And
To touch your feet on the moon!

I know, I know...
I also gave you the knowledge...
To build weapons to kill;
And atomic bombs to destroy - But
It is your animal instinct;
It is your utter stupidity,
To fight and have war - But
Open your eyes – And
Climb with me to the mountaintop;
I'll show a peaceful land! – As
True intelligence is peace,
A real enlightenment!

You can find me...
In your everlasting curiosity;
In your questions and doubts - And
In your wide open mind!
Knowledge is power – But
I'm not arrogant – And
I'm not judgmental – As
Open mind is my prerequisite!

Often you close your mind - And
Succumb to blind faiths;
Its arrogant claims - And
Its judgmental views!
You talk about sins - And
Dreadful fire in hell – But
You burn people alive - And
You curse their souls;
All here on earth!

Open your mind – And
I'll show you the universe,
Far richer and grandeur – Than
The blind arrogant claims!
Open your mind – And
I'll show you the reality,
Far complex and amazing – That
You can't fathom in dreams!

Think about it....
Just because, you can think,
Don't think, you know...
What it means to think!
You just drive a car,
Not knowing how engine works!
Just because, you can rise questions,
Don't expect, you can answer them all!
It may just take time – Or
Forever beyond your reach! - But
It is absolutely okey;
When you don't know,
Just say, I don't know!

Yes, you can find me…
In your everlasting curiosity;
In your questions and doubts;
I'm not arrogant – And
I'm not judgmental – As
Open mind is my prerequisite!
My humble beginning starts,
In your courage to say,
I don't know!

7 comments:

RajK said...

In school days, I remember writing essays about how a river tells its story. This one is a similar account.

RajK said...

I got comment from a friend that tone or format sounds bit arrogant. I just want to clarify that 'I' and 'my' refer to knowledge or intelligence or science; and 'you' and 'your' refer to human or society as a whole.

I recently read a story about Alan Turing, the father modern computers; how society judged him and killed him; we still do the same with many blind faiths to so many innocent people; but often we don't realize this. That's what inspired me write this.

Rich said...

Nice! It's good that you write your thoughts. Keep it up.

Sunil Prajapati said...

It is beautoful. I agree that courage to say "I don't know" is very important. I personally do not think format sounds arrogant at all.

We know us more once we know our ego.

RajK said...

Thanks Sunil for your feedback!

// We know us more once we know our ego.// Agree!

Information said...

Good post

RajK said...

//Information said...
Good post//

Thanks!